Friday, October 07, 2005

More of more

Brands that I am working on now

1. Altoids
2. Fly Fish the World (local shop)
3. Tic Tac (weird that I am working on two different breath mints for two diffferent classes)
4. Me. By that I mean that I have to write an article that gets to the bottom of me and my motivations, place in the world, etc.

Any help that either of my loyal readers could offer on any of these, particularly the last one, would be quite helpful. And be brutally honest.
In other news, the Friday speaker was wonderful. He is a brand manager for MGD, and he had some great insights on how the relationship between agencies and clients works in the new era of King Brand. The brand is where it's at now, and agencies must tailor their advertising to that. No longer can agencies rely on great ideas. They must have great ideas that also work with the brand. This seems like a simple and obvious concept, one that doesn't really need articulating, but not so when you are trying to create work that exists in harmony with the brand. Fascinating stuff.
Looks like a weekend full of work for me. Work work work. Breath mints. The smell of fish. My own neurotically obsessed sense of self. YAY!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bradley Herring said...

Whenever I see the word "brand" in an advertising context, I immediately think of Naomi Klein's "No Logo". Is it weird that that book has become branded on my psyche?

I'll think on how to sell you. And what an ideal suggested retail price would be.

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home