Friday, July 22, 2005

CELL-U-LIT-IS (clap, clap, clap clap clap) CELL-U-LIT-IS (clap, clap, clap clap clap)

Let's hear it for life-threatening skin infections, yeah!
So I've had a pretty crappy few days here. I noticed last weekend that I had this pretty bad mosquito bite on my ankle. It was big, red, and tender, but so is Clifford the Big Red Dog and he never hurt anyone, am I wrong? So I didn't think anything more of it. So this thing just keeps getting worse, and I'm beginning to get a bit worried and thinking that maybe I should go to the doctor. Then on Tuesday night I came down with a fever of 102 and couldn't really think too well. That scared me just a bit, so I took my ass on over to the emergency room to make sure that I wasn't going to die or lose my leg. Turns out either one could have happened!
It's called cellulitis. Basically it's an infection of a mosquito bite that, if left untreated, could result in the loss of my foot or death. So I'm kinda glad I went to the hospital. And I'm waiting for my damn superpowers like Tobey Maguire, but none seem to be coming. Although I don't know what superpowers one could get from a mutant mosquito. I certainly can't think of any desirable ones.
Oh, and the doctors thought it might be related to West Nile virus, which would have been money because then I'd be the only dude on my block with West Nile. Would make for an interesting story. But in order to ascertain that I'd have to get a spinal tap. Yes, they'd have to stick a needle in my spine and draw out fluid. So I decided that the novelty really wasn't worth it. Oh well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

This is the saddest thing I have ever heard.

Unless, that is, the spidey-senses start coming along soon.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Bradley Herring said...

Completely unrelated to this post, but "Six Feet Under" is completely back. Holy crap, that was a great episode, and I hate to say I told you so, but, hey, I told you so.

Ha!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home