Saturday, August 18, 2007

They call Los Ang-ulus the City of Angels...

As most of you know, my last few months have been devoted almost exclusively to searching for a job. And now, I am happy to announce, that search is over. We are no longer going to be East Coast kids!



Yes, Becca and I are headed for sunny, sprawling Los Angeles. I will be working at an agency called Team One as a junior planner. The people I have met there are just awesome, nice as they can be and very down-to-Earth. Those of you who have some familiarity with advertising people know how rare those traits can be. I'm going to get great experience out there. I really couldn't have asked for a better first job.

So that's the story! We will be headed out there in the next month. My first day of work is Sept. 24. Looking down the barrel of finding a place to live, a car that meets CA admissions standards, and some big, burly men to move our lives across the country for us, that date does not seem that far off. Lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's.

So now, the obvious next step for me is putting together a California playlist. On it so far are:
"California" by Lucero
"California" by Rogue Wave
"Maybe California" by Neal Casal
"In California" by Neko Case
"Hollywood" by Jackie Greene
"California Blue" by Roy Orbison
"Sunset Strip" by The Riptides
"Hotel California" by The Gypsy Kings
"California" by Joni Mitchell
"California Stars" by Billy Bragg & Wilco
"California Man" by Cheap Trick
"California Sun" by The Ramones
"California Love" by 2Pac

Add your suggestions. You'll be amazed how many songs there about about California.

And now, I will leave you with an homage to the greatest L.A. movie of all time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

congrats! we shall have good times and thanks for the california playlist songs. all i had so far was joni mitchell and tupac.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just play California Stars over and over. That song makes me so happy to be alive.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Jonnie said...

Congrats Cliff!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Ayasha said...

Congrats Cliff. I hope you enjoy Cali.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'm happy for you and Becca, I guess I have to be.

I already don't see you enough...now you are going to the other coast. You'll be back though, I know you will.

Best of luck on the new job, sounds exciting.

Love you,
Susie

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and you forgot Kalifornia by Fatboy Slim. And Los Angeles, I'm Yours by the Decemberists.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home